Roto Dynamic is one of the leaders in Rotational Molding for Food Products. You might know it as rotational molding, rotomolding or plastic mold manufacturing. Whatever you call it, the process is the same. It involves creating strong, seamless containers for all industries. Above all, we’ve created molds for our customers to use in toy production, boat making, chemical storage and more.
Rotational molding for food products is a growing area. Therefore, Roto Dynamics is poised to serve with a variety of rotomolded food products.
Food Grade Rotational Molding
Rotational molding is ideal for the food service industry for many reasons. Rotomolded containers have many advantages over alternative forms of industrial food storage.
- Flexible sizing. We make rotomolded containers in every size the food industry needs. Therefore, our products are ideal for storing food and liquids safely.
- Variety of shapes. The flexibility extends to our shape choices. It is easy to reshape melted plastic. With rotational molding, customers can get containers and molds in all shapes. Rotomolding is a flexible, customizable process that’s easily adaptable to any industry’s needs.
- Protection from UV rays. Sunlight and UV rays can’t penetrate rotomolded containers. As a result, storing food and liquids in these containers keeps them safe from discoloration or spoiling.
- No possibility of rust or corrosion. Durable polymer construction is totally resistant to rust or corrosion. Therefore, there is no worry about containers breaking or spilling from rusted areas.
- Fast production. Rotomolding is faster than blow molding or injection molding. When you need a rush order of specialty sizes and shapes, rotomolding for food products is the ideal solution.
- Low cost. The initial production costs for rotomolding are often lower than they are for other molded products.
- Ability to hold up to temperature extremes. High heat and extreme cold won’t damage rotomolded food products. Therefore, they keep food products from spoiling, contaminating or freezing.
- Ease of cleaning and sanitizing. It’s easy to keep rotomolded containers clean and sanitary. They withstand hot water, bleach and antibacterial cleaners.
What is Rotational Molding?
Rotational molding or rotomolding is a form of plastic mold manufacturing. It involves a four-step process that involves, mold loading, heating, cooling and mold unloading. The process occurs at atmospheric pressure using gravitational forces.
During the process, we load a mold charged with plastic polymer powder onto an arm of the machine. Therefore, this causes the mold to rotate in a biaxial rotation on two perpendicular axis. The biaxial rotation creates a centrifugal force which pushes the powder to coat inside surface of the mold cavity.
As a result, as the mold reaches peak temperature, the plastic powder begins to melt and uniformly coat the inside surface of the mold cavity. That is to say, this creates a uniform layer of plastic. Consequently, once the mold has completed the heat cycle, the cooling cycle begins, As it cools, the plastic cures and solidifies. Once the cooling cycle is complete, we unload the molded part from the mold cavity.
Subsequently, the food molding process follows these same steps. We can adjust the food molding process to create a huge variety of rotomolded food products.
Food Grade Materials and Rotomolding
Products for the food and beverage industry frequently require containers that are food safe. This means they have certifications from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and US Department of Agriculture (USDA) attesting to their safety for human consumption.
Most Importantly, Rotomolding for food & beverage industry includes the use of plastics certified by the FDA and USDA. At RotoDynamics, we can also create molds with heavy wall polypropylene molding, which ensures protection from temperature extremes, exposure to sunlight, spoiling and corrosion.
If you’re producing rotomolded products for the food industry, let us know in advance if you need FDA or USDA certification. Meeting these rigorous standards requires the use of virgin materials, special handling and a sanitary manufacturing process. We’re fully aware of these requirements, and we can adapt the food molding process to meet them. Experience matters with rotational modeling for food products.
Rotomolded Food Products
You may be wondering, what can our food molding process produce for the restaurant industry? You would be better off asking what we can’t make. Our rotational molding California processing plant can design and produce an enormous variety of items for the commercial food industry. For example, these rotomolded food products include:
- Kitchen storage bins.
- Shelving and display units.
- High-performance coolers.
- Refrigerated boxes.
- Food storage.
- Dumpsters and recycling units.
- Storage containers for liquids.
- Heavy-duty trash cans.
That’s just the start. At RotoDynamics, we can create products that meet your exact specifications. If you can imagine it, we can create it.
Plastic Mold Manufacturing Is the Future
Rotational molding for foot products is the future of the food and beverage industry. If you’re new to working with rotational molding products or the food molding process, you can get started by contacting a reputable, experienced rotational modeling company. Our engineers and designers can discuss your needs, explain the molding process and work with you to develop the ideal solution.
At RotoDynamics, our experts can guide you from initial concept to production, storage and shipping.
Rotational Molding California Offers Full-Service Solutions to the Commercial Food Industry
Our 30,000-square foot plastic mold manufacturing plant is more than a mold maker. We’re your full-service partner and committed to your success. Besides making rotomolded food products, we provide quality assurance and add-on services unmatched in the industry.
When we provide rotational molding for food products, we include these services.
- Complete guidance. We start with your creative ideas. Our engineers and designers then turn those ideas into reality.
- High-quality products. We use state-of-the-art machinery, biaxial rotational molding technology and the best resins to create durable, seamless containers of the highest quality.
- Warehousing. We have a secure, covered warehouse where we can safely store items and provide bulk order fulfillment. In addition, we use computerized inventory management for fast retrieval and shipping.
- Shipping and logistics. Let us handle your shipping with our own trucks and trusted shipping and logistics partners.
Work With Us
In conclusion, if you need rotational modeling any where is USA, contact RotoDynamics today. Our products are made in America at our plant in Orange County. Certainly, all our workers are certified rotational molders. In addition, we use sustainable practices and work hard to keep your costs down. If you’re looking for rotational modeling for food products, contact us today.