This ADA accessible planter is an award winning product that was initially developed by the customer to improve therapeutic horticulture by making gardening inclusive for senior assisted living homes and special needs schools.
It consists of a 2 part rotomolded assembly, various sub assembly components such as threaded fittings, plumbing and instructions for customers. Roto Dynamics was able to provide the customer with a full turn key service which involved storing the sub assembly components, keeping inventory of subassembly components, assembly of various plumbing fixtures packaging and drop shipping.
The client presented in this case study was kindly referred to us by another valued customer based on their experience from a metal to plastic conversion project.
The client had an existing product which was fabricated from wood. However they were having issues with maintaining the product and meeting production deadlines. Rotational Molding with Roto Dynamics Inc. was the solution to ease their supply chain issues.
Our expert designers helped create concept drawings in 3D which met the ergonomic needs for a wheel chair accessible planter. Once the 3D drawings were complete, a foam prototype was machined for ergonomic testing as shown below.
Once approved tooling was manufactured and so that production of the wheel chair accessible planters could begin. Roto Dynamics managed the design, development, manufacturing, assembly, warehousing and logistics for this project.
- Design conversion, wood to plastic.
- Build hybrid cast aluminum and fabricated tooling for base and insert.
- Rotationally mold base and lid using forming fixtures.
- Stocked sub assembly components for customer.
- Carried full assembly of product, including instructions, plumbing and other components.
- Custom package and palletized for shipping to East Coast, Australia and UK.
- Provided warehousing for customer’s product.